Applications for Fall 2023 are being accepted now through March 1, 2023.
The accounting concentration will concentrate on relevant bodies of knowledge, such as financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing and taxation. The curriculum is designed to develop a high level of student technical and research competence in a specifically defined program area of business. Strong attention will be paid to linking accounting research with accounting practice, specifically guidance relative to best and evolving practices in the accounting field.
Five Required Foundation Courses (Common to all Ph.D. concentrations)
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
Six Concentration Courses
- ACCT.7510 Accounting Research Methodology
- ACCT.7610 Empirical Financial Accounting Research I
- ACCT.7620 Empirical Financial Accounting Research II
- ACCT.7720 Auditing and Corporate Governance Research
- Two Doctoral level electives
For more information on the Ph.D. program, please visit the Ph.D. in Business Administration page.