Again, this process is automatic and will occur shortly. We appreciate your patience.
You should see a pop-up warning you when the process will start and your computer will re-start.
This only applies to systems running macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and higher. Systems running versions less than macOS 10.15 (Catalina) will receive a future communication shortly.
The following encryption key re-distribution directions will apply to all Mac computers on campus.
After completion, you will see a notification to save anything you are working on and reboot by choosing restart from the Apple menu or call the service desk. Your computer will restart in 15 minutes.
Installation of a New Filevault Encryption Key to Ensure Data on Your Computer Remains Protected
This will prompt you to enter the password you use to log into your mac.
This process will occur on all mac systems and you will see the following 3 prompts to guide you through this process:
1. A statement that will inform you that your FileVault encryption key needs to be regenerated.
- Click the "Next" button to continue to the next screen.
2. Enter your password that you use to log in to your mac, and click "Okay."
3. Once the FireVault key has been reissued you will see the success screen and you can click okay to complete the update.
- After you see this last screen you should be all set!
Please contact TechServices at 978-934-3457, should you have further questions or difficulties.