Here in Massachusetts, we have a proud history of investing in our employees by providing a full range of coverage choices including medical and disability, reimbursement and savings plans, and retirement savings options including an attractive pension plan.
We urge you to take time to carefully read your copy of the Group Insurance Plan (GIC) Benefit Decision Guide as it explains the many plan options and coverage levels available to you.
Below is a brief overview of the benefits offered to newly eligible benefited unit employees at the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell) campus of the University of Massachusetts (the “University”). These benefits are subject to change. In most cases, a more complete description of these benefits is available in Human Resources and/or through the website with links to other information. The official documents will govern in the case of a discrepancy between this summary and the official plan documents. The plan sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend or change these benefits. Please contact the Benefits Office at 978-934-4100 for more information.
- GIC Coverage:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Benefits
- Unemployment Benefits
- Workers' Compensation
- Retirement Plans
- Voluntary Savings Programs
- Tuition Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Live In Lowell Program
- Changes in Personal and Family Information
- Other Employment Benefits and Special Discount Programs
- UMass Extras (now BenefitHub) offers money-saving opportunities for you to buy products and services you use every day – everything from auto and home insurance to travel and entertainment to electronics and wireless phones – all at discounted prices. You can access these great savings from work or home.