The Provost's Graduate Fellowship is offered to high achieving newly admitted master's students with a residency status of international or out-of-state. While UMass Lowell's tuition and fees are competitive with other top graduate schools, the purpose of this award is to make our excellent master's programs even more affordable for you. The fellowships are offered in the range of $4,000 - $8,000. All eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the fellowship. No additional application is required. We strongly encourage graduate applicants to apply earlier to increase their chances of receiving a fellowship. Award recipients are required to confirm enrollment by paying the enrollment deposit before the given deadline to secure their awards.
- Must confirm enrollment by the given deadline.
- Must maintain the residency status of international or out-of-state.
- Must enroll in a minimum of six on-campus graduate credits per semester.
- International awardees must maintain full-time status.
- Must enroll in one of the eligible graduate programs listed below.
Note 1: If a student obtains other grant aid from the university, he or she will only receive the scholarship of higher value.
Note 2: This award will be administered in accordance with federal financial aid guidelines. If award is combined with other merit or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.
- Accounting (MS)
- Autism Studies (MS)
- Biological Studies (MS, PSM)
- Biomedical Engineering & Biotechnology (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Analytics (MS)
- Chemical Engineering (MSE)
- Chemistry (MS, PSM)
- Civil Engineering (MSE)
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MS, PSM)
- Community Social Psychology (MA)
- Computer Engineering (MSE)
- Computer Science (MS, PSM)
- Criminal Justice (MA)
- Curriculum & Instruction: Initial Teacher License Option (MEd)
- Education (MEd)
- Electrical Engineering (MSE)
- Energy Engineering (MSE)
- Engineering Management (MS)
- Environmental Studies (MS, PSM)
- Entrepreneurship (MS)
- Finance (MS)
- History (MA)
- Marine Science (MS)
- Marine Sciences & Technology (MS, PSM)
- Mathematics (MS, PSM)
- Mechanical Engineering (MSE)
- Music Education (MM)
- Nursing (MS)
- Peace & Conflict Studies (MA)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (MS, PSM)
- Physics (MS)
- Plastics Engineering (MSE)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Radiological Sciences & Protection (MS, PSM)
- Security Studies (MA, MS)
- Work Environment (MS)