The Double River Hawk Graduate Fellowship is given to high achieving UMass Lowell bachelor's to master's students who demonstrated academic and personal determination. The Double River Hawk award is a one-year award of $2,000 and will be applied over two semesters (not including summers) during the academic year.
All bachelor's to master's applicants will be automatically considered for the fellowship. No additional application is required. We strongly encourage graduate applicants to apply early to increase their chance in receiving fellowships.
- Must confirm enrollment by the given deadline.
- Must register in a minimum of six on campus graduate credits per semester and remain in good academic standing. Students enrolling in courses through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies will have their fellowship prorated.
Note 1: If a student obtains other grant aid from the university, he or she will only receive the scholarship of higher value.
Note 2: This award will be administered in accordance with federal financial aid guidelines. If award is combined with other merit or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting the UML Riverhawk Graduate Fellowship award you agree to the following conditions:
- The award will be applied as a credit against tuition and fee charges, up to $1,000 for your first semester and up to $1,000 for the your second semester during the first academic year of your master’s degree program. This award is non-renewable.
- You must register in a minimum of six on campus credits per semester and remain in good academic standing to receive the full award. Students enrolling in online and continuing education courses through the Division of Graduate, Online and Professional Studies will have their fellowship reduced to $500 per semester.
- International students recipients must maintain full-time enrollment status.
- Students who receive other tuition based awards, examples: NIOSH, NSF, or Fulbright scholarships; Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant appointments; and employee benefits, may have their awards cancelled.
- Housing and meal plan costs are not covered.
- You must register for a minimum of six on campus graduate credits for the first semester as soon as possible. If you enroll in undergraduate courses as prerequisites, it is your responsibility to forward proof of the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This fellowship award will be administered according to Federal financial aid guidelines. If the Graduate Fellowship is combined with other merit-based or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.