The Dean's Graduate Fellowship is offered to high achieving newly admitted master's students with in-state residency status. While UMass Lowell's tuition and fees are competitive with other top graduate schools, the purpose of this award is to make our excellent master's programs even more affordable for you. The Dean's fellowship is a one-year award of $2,000 and will be applied over two semesters during the academic year.
All eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the fellowship. No additional application is required. We strongly encourage graduate applicants to apply early to increase their chance in receiving fellowships.
- Must confirm enrollment by the given deadline.
- You must register in a minimum of six on campus graduate credits per semester and in good academic standing. Students enrolling in courses through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies will have their fellowships prorated.
- Must enroll in one of the eligible graduate programs listed below.
Note 1: If a student obtains other grant aid from the university, he or she will only receive the scholarship of higher value.
Note 2: This award will be administered in accordance with federal financial aid guidelines. If award is combined with other merit or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education of the amount of defined need as applicable.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting the Dean’s Graduate Fellowship you agree to the following conditions:
- Your residency classification for tuition determination is In-State. If your residency status changes for any reason, you will no longer be eligible to receive this award.
- The award will be applied as a credit against tuition and fee charges, half of the award amount for the first semester and the remaining half of the award amount for the second semester during the first academic year of your master’s degree program. This award is non-renewable.
- You must register in a minimum of six on campus credits per semester and remain in good academic standing to receive the full award. Students enrolling in online and continuing education courses through the Division of Graduate, Online and Professional Studies will have their fellowship reduced to $500 per semester.
- International students recipients must maintain full-time enrollment status.
- Students who receive other tuition based awards, examples: NIOSH, NSF, or Fulbright scholarships; Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant appointments; and employee benefits, may have their awards cancelled.
- Housing and meal plan costs are not covered.
- You must register for your first semester classes as soon as possible. If you enroll in undergraduate courses as prerequisites, it is your responsibility to forward proof of the requirements by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This fellowship award will be administered according to federal financial aid guidelines. If the Fellowship is combined with other merit-based or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.