The Double River Hawk Fellowship is offered to high achieving newly admitted master's student who hold undergraduate degrees from UMass Lowell. We want to ensure that your thrive professionally and continue your lifelong learning journey at UMass Lowell. The purpose of this award is to make our excellent master's programs even more affordable for you.
The fellowships are offered in the range of $2,000 to $4,000. All eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the fellowship. No additional application is required. We strongly encourage graduate applicants to apply early to increase their chance in receiving fellowships.
- Award recipients must confirm enrollment online by the given deadline to secure the fellowship.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from UMass Lowell.
- Must register in a minimum of six on campus graduate credits per semester and remain in good standing. Students enrolling in courses through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies will have their fellowships prorated.
- International awardees must maintain full-time status.
- Must enroll in one of the eligible graduate programs listed below.
Note 1: If a student obtains other grant aid from the university, he or she will only receive the scholarship of higher value.
Note 2: This award will be administered in accordance with federal financial aid guidelines. If award is combined with other merit or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting the UML River Hawk Graduate Fellowship award you agree to the following conditions:
- The award will be applied as a credit against tuition and fee charges, half of the award amount for your first semester and the remaining half of the award amount for the your second semester during the first academic year of your master’s degree program. This award is non-renewable.
- You must register in a minimum of six credits per semester and remain in good academic standing to receive the full award.
- International students recipients must maintain full-time enrollment status.
- Students who receive other tuition based awards, examples: NIOSH, NSF, or Fulbright scholarships; Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant appointments; and employee benefits, may have their awards cancelled.
- Housing and meal plan costs are not covered.
- You must register for your first semester classes as soon as possible. If you enroll in undergraduate courses as prerequisites, it is your responsibility to forward proof of the requirements by email to: email@example.com.
- This fellowship award will be administered according to federal financial aid guidelines. If the Graduate Fellowship is combined with other merit-based or need-based aid, the total cannot exceed the cost of education or the amount of defined need as applicable.