UMass Lowell is focused on improving how our students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors travel to, from and around campus - whether you drive to campus and park, bicycle, walk or use public transportation. Every five years, various university departments including Planning update the Transportation Master Plan to evaluate existing conditions of campus transportation and parking, identify and address present and future issues, and develop an action plan to resolve such issues and improve mobility and accessibility in the context of the UMass Lowell 2020 Strategic Plan and UMass Lowell Climate Action Plan.
The most recent campus transportation plan was completed with a consultant team from Stantec and Nelson/Nygaard. The planning process involved extensive outreach, data collection, engagement with City and Regional partners, and a month-long public commenting period. This document was adopted by the University Executive Cabinet in June, 2019.
Download a copy of the 2018 UMass Lowell Transportation Master Plan Update (pdf)
Transportation Master Planning Partners - University:
- Campus Police
- Campus Recreation
- Faculty Senate
- Parking & Transportation, Administrative Services
- Planning, Facilities Management
- Student Affairs & Event Services
- Student Government Association
- UCard, Access and Parking Services
Transportation Master Planning Partners - External:
- City of Lowell Department of Planing & Development
- City of Lowell Police Department
- City of Lowell Public Works
- Lowell Regional Transportation Authority
- Merrimack Valley Regional Transportation Authority
- Middlesex 3 Coalition
- Northern Middlesex Council of Governments
If you have any planning questions or comments, please contact us via email: email@example.com.