Materials Science and Engineering, Engineering Education, International Partnerships
Intermetallic Compounds for High Temperature Applications Oxidation and Corrosion
Oxidation and Corrosion
- Ph D: Materials Engineering, (1980), Michigan Technology University - Houghton, MI
- MS: Materials Engineering, (1969), Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
- Other: Metallurgical Engineering, (1967), Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
Selected Awards and Honors
- Board Member - Merrimack Valley Venture Forum
- Educational Technology Advisory Council Member - Governor of Massachusetts
- - Governor of Massachusetts to the Regional Competitiveness Council
- Inducted as Fellow - American Society for Engineering Education
- ITT Merit Scholar - Indian Institute of technology
- president - International Federation for Engineering Education Societyies
- Sigma Zi Honors Society Member
- Outstanding Engineering Educator (2003) - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Indus Star (2002) - India New England News
- Mass High Tech All Star Award (2001) - Mass High Tech Journal
- Cited in Commonwealth Magazine (2001) - Mass Inc.
- Workforce Development Leader of the Year (2000) - Massachusetts Telecommunications Council
- Inducted as Fellow (1995) - American Society for Materials
- Veishea Professor of Engineering (1993) - Iowa State University
- Keynote Lecturer Award (1991) - International Conference on Intermetallics
- Keynote Lecturer (1986) - Gordon Conference on Intermetallics
- Keynote Lecturer (1985) - International Powder Metallugy Conference
- A.O. Smith Best Student Paper Award (1978) - Michigan Tech
- Kandakatla, R., Radhakrishnan, D.B., Vedula, K. (2015). Enhancing learning by empowering Indian students to solve engineering challenges: An effort by SPEED and IUCEE (122nd ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition: Making Value for Society:). American Society for Engineering Education
- Hendlin, K., Vedula, K., Horn, C., Monga, M. (2006). In vitro evaluation of ureteral stent compression. Urology, 67(4) 679-682.
- Vedula, K., Fiddy, M.A., Donatelli, A., Robertson, S., Nunn, R., Moure-Eraso, R. (2001). Innovation in Engineering Education for Sustainable Regional Social and Economic Development. Approaches to Sustainable Development: The Public University in the Regional Economy.
- Abbaschian, R., Baglin, J.E., Vedula, K. (1997). Special Double Issue: Proceedings of the MRS Workshop on Materials Education, 1996.
- Wen, J.H., Vedula, K., Yellamanchili, K. (1996). TiSi2 composites reinforced with in situ synthesized TiC and SiC. International Journal of Powder Metallurgy, 32(3).
- Shingler, M.J., Halloran, J.W., Vedula, K. (1993). Microstructural rearrangement during vacancy annihilation in Co(1-delta)O. Scripta Metallurgica et Materialia;(United States), 28(12).
- Wright, I.G., Srinivasan, V., Vedula, K. (1993). Some effects of minor alloying additions on the development and breakdown of protective oxide scales. Materials at High Temperatures(UK), 11(1) 159-166.
- Crimp, M.A., Vedula, K. (1993). The relationship between cooling rate, grain size and the mechanical behavior of B2-Al alloys. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 165(1) 29-34.
- Crimp, M.A., Vedula, K., Gaydosh, D.J. (1987). Materials Research Society.
- Crimp, M.A., Vedula, K., Gaydosh, D.J. (1987). MRS Symposium Proc., 81. High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys.
- Crimp, M.A., Vedula, K., Gaydosh, D.J. (1987). pp. 499-504 in MRS Proc., Vol. 81. High-Temperature Ordered lntermetallic Alloys H, ed.NS Stoloff, CC Koch, CT Liu, and O.Izumi, MRS publication.
- Sherman, M., Vedula, K. (1986). High temperature dispersion strengthening of NiAl. Journal of Materials Science, 21(6) 1974-1980.
- Shingler, M.J., Vedula, K., Halloran, J.W. (1985). Alteration of CoO wafers in an oxygen chemical potential gradient. Transport in nonstoichiometric compounds, 129.
- Vedula, K. (1982). Structure-property relationships for the tensile behavior of single phase sintered metals which are ductile at room temperature. Dissertation Abstracts International Part B: Science and Engineering, 43(3).
- Vedula, K., Funkenbusch, A.W., Heckel, R.W. (1981). A mathematical model for internal oxidation. Oxidation of Metals, 16(5) 385-398.
- Vedula, K., Heckel, R.W. (1981). Modem Developments in Powder Metallurgy, Vol. 12 eds. HH Hausner, HW Antes and GD Smith, MPIF.
- Vedula, K., Heckel, R.W. (1980). Structure-Property Relations for the Tensile Behavior of Single-Phase Ductile Sintered Materials. Modern Developments in Powder Metallurgy,, 12 759-777.
- Darroudi, T., Vedula, K., Heckel, R.W. (1971). Fabrication of composites by diffusion processing. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2(1) 325-328.
- DARROUDI, T., HECKEL, R.W., Vedula, K. (1970). Fabrication of composites by diffusion processing(Solid state diffusion growth of composite materials containing continuous NiAl 3 fibers in aluminum matrices from hot-pressed aluminum embedded nickel wires).
- Vedula, K., Heckel, R.W. (1970). Spheroidization of binary Fe-C alloys over a range of temperatures. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 1(1) 9-18.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Principal Investigator (), - Case Western reserve