Skip to Main Content
For Every Program and Rental:
- A personal flotation device (provided), is required to be present on all boats and boards by law. We require that PFDs are worn at all times while in our boats!
- Shoes should we worn at the boat house and may be taken off when you get in the boat. Sandals, flip flops or foam clogs are ideal for paddling.
- Bring a valid ID and credit or debit card.
- Clothing appropriate for the temperature of the air and the water. We recommend synthetic clothing made of wicking synthetic fabrics like nylon or polyester. Swim suits encouraged but are not required. On cool or breezy days you will want to wear a fleece and/or rain jacket.
- Sunglasses with a strap or float, a sun hat and sunscreen for sun protection.
- A water bottle or two and a snack
- If you bring your phone, electronics, medications, keys or valuable personal items we recommend keeping them in a tested, waterproof, floating case or borrow a dry bag from us. Alternately you can leave them in your vehicle or with our staff on shore.
- Our rule of thumb is: don't bring anything in the kayak that you don't want to get wet or sink to the bottom of the river.