- Students with Disabilities are required to register with Student Disability Services before completing the Emotional Support Animal Verification form and process (pdf).
- Employees with Disabilities are encouraged to register with Equal Opportunity and Outreach.
- Students and Employees accessing University Housing are responsible for completing the Animals in Residence Form on the Residence Life website.
Care of Support Animals
- attending to the wellbeing and cleanliness of their animal,
- maintaining control of their animal at all times and not disrupt others (otherwise animal may be removed),
- have a plan in place for animal care in case of emergency
- arrange alternative shelter if the animal must be removed from campus due to disruptive, unsafe, or environmental conditions, or if the handler becomes unable to care for the service animal
- ensuring the cleanup of the animal's waste and, when appropriate, must use relief areas designated by the university consistent with the reasonable capacity of the owner. Indoor animal waste, such as cat litter, must be placed in a study plastic bag and securely tied up before being disposed of in outside trash dumpsters. Litter boxes should be placed on mats so that waste is not tracked onto carpeted surfaces.
Removal of Approved Animals
- the animal poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or
- the animal’s presence results in a fundamental alteration of the university’s program, or
- the owner does not comply with owner’s responsibilities in university housing, or
- the animal or its presence creates an unmanageable disturbance or interference with the university community.