Every vehicle requiring a license to operate that is parked in a university parking lot (including East Meadow Lane and the Inn & Conference Center) must have a parking decal. There is a fine for parking without a decal or permit (see Parking Citations
). For your convenience you may apply for a parking decal online by following the link below, and your decal will be delivered to you.
Having a parking decal allows card access for lots; it does not guarantee an available spot. No parking lot access will be provided to students, faculty, or staff unless a decal is ordered.
Applying for a Parking Decal
All faculty, staff and students may order an annual parking decal in August for the period of Sept. 1 - Aug. 31. For your convenience, you may order your decal on our MyParking self-service website.
You will be prompted for your university e-mail address and password to log into the self-service site. If you have any issues logging in, please contact the Help Desk at 978-934-4357.
Available Decal Options and Costs
Beginning fall semester 2014, the university has changed the options and costs of decals to the entire community. You may find a full list of options on our Options & Costs page.
- All decals, whether student, faculty, staff, or visitor, should be attached with their own sealant to the lower right hand corner of the driver's side rear window.
- Motorcycle/moped decals should be displayed on the front fork of the vehicle in a prominent, visible spot.
- Temporary and handicapped permits must be attached to the license plate of the vehicle.
- Decals and permits are not transferable to other vehicles.
- When a decal/permit is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the driver to obtain a replacement. Replacements are subject to a $20 replacement fee.
- When a vehicle is sold, traded or otherwise replaced, a new decal/permit must be obtained. If the old decal/permit is removed from the vehicle and returned to the UCAPS office, it will be exchanged for a new one at no cost. If the old permit is not turned in, there is a $20 replacement fee.
Temporary, Guest, and Service Vehicle Permits
Any faculty/staff or student that will have a vehicle on campus for a short period of time must obtain at least a temporary permit. This applies to substitute vehicles when a registered vehicle is being repaired, any loaned vehicle, or any other vehicle from any source being driven or parked on campus. More information is available on our temporary permit page.
Any visitor or guest at the University is required to register their vehicle with the UCAPS office located in University Crossing, 220 Pawtucket St. Please find more information on our visitor permit page.
Any faculty/staff member that uses a personal vehicle for service-related functions may apply for a Service Vehicle permit, which allows them to park in a Service Vehicle space. For more information and the approval process, please visit our service vehicle permit page.
Persons with Disabilities Permits
If you have a temporary or permanent disability that limits your walking range, you may obtain a permit that will provide disabled parking privileges for a stated period of time, depending upon your condition.
If you have a state-issued handicapped license plate or hang-tag, you may provide proof to our office to receive card access to lots with disabled parking. More information can be found on our permits for persons with disabilities page, and a list of all disabled spaces on campus can be found on our general information page.