Health Improvement Through Training & Employee Control (HITEC) Studies
CPH-NEW articles related to HITEC study
- Work characteristics as predictors of correctional supervisors’ health outcomes. (2016) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Participatory Action Research in Corrections: The HITEC 2 Program. (2016) Applied Ergonomics.
- Workplace cohort studies in times of economic instability. (2015) American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- The Productivity Dilemma in Workplace Health Promotion. (2015) The Scientific World Journal.
- The link between musculoskeletal pain, lifestyle behaviors, exercise self-efficacy, and quality of life in overweight and obese individuals. (2015) International Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Psychological health and overweight and obesity among high stressed work environments. (2015) Obesity.
- Participatory Design of Integrated Safety and Health Interventions in the Workplace: A Case Study using the Interventions Design and Analysis Scorecard (IDEAS) Tool. (2015) Int. J. Human Factors and Ergonomics.
- Considering the Differential Impact of Three Facets of Organizational Health Climate on Employee's Well-Being. (2015) The Scientific World Journal.
- Stress and Corrections: Addressing the Safety and Well-being of Correctional Officers. (2015) Corrections Today.
- Predictors of health behaviors and body mass index (BMI) using a newly proposed Emotion-Health Behavior-Weight (EBW) model. (2015) Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health.
- Musculoskeletal disorder symptoms in correction officers: Why do they increase rapidly with job tenure? (2014) Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
- Integrated health programs, outcomes and return on investment: Measuring worksite health promotion and integrated program effectiveness. (2013) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- An integrated health protection/promotion program supporting participatory ergonomics and salutogenic approaches in the design of workplace interventions, pp. 307-324 (2013) Salutogenic organizations and change: The concepts behind organizational health intervention research.
- The intervention design and analysis scorecard (IDEAS): A planning tool for participatory design of integrated health and safety interventions in the workplace. (2013) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Overweight and Obesity in High Stress Workplaces. (2013) Journal of Nutritional Disorders and Therapy.
- Workplace-based participatory approach to weight loss for correctional employees. (2013) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- The positive effects of participative decision making for mid-level correctional management. (2012) Criminal Justice and Behavior.
- Depression and work family conflict among corrections officers. (2011) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Talking about health: correction employees' assessments of obstacles to healthy living. (2011) Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
CPH-News and Views related to HITEC study
- Correctional workforce health and wellness: Issue #40 by Mazen El Ghaziri, Jeffrey Dussetschleger, and Martin Cherniack.