- Introductory Statistics, such as Statistics for Business and Economics I, Introduction to Statistics, or equivalent.
- Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent.
Curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
The graduate certificate consists of four elective courses (12 credit hours). Students must choose two MIST courses and two POMS courses from the list of available courses. Elective courses currently available include:
- Database Management (MIST)
- Business Intelligence & Data Mining (MIST)
- Data Engineering for Business Analytics (MIST)
- Statistics for Predictive Analytics (POMS)
- Decision Analytics (POMS)
- Analytical Decision Making Tools (POMS)
All courses listed above are currently offered on-campus; many of them are also offered on-line. The certificate can be earned through on-campus classes or a combination of on-campus and online classes. For detailed curriculum information and course listings visit the graduate academic catalog.
Students who complete the certificate and choose to pursue an MBA degree or MS Business Analytics degree would need to apply for, and meet the requirements of, those respective programs.
Undergraduate degree and related experience in business, science, engineering, or technology is required.
Visit the Graduate Admissions page for more information.