- The waiver form is only for master's applicants; all doctoral students must submit scores.
- If you are a current UMass Lowell student applying for a Bachelor's to Master's program, your GRE/MAT requirements are automatically waived.
- Please note that your waiver request cannot be reviewed until an application and supporting documentation, such as transcripts, are received by Graduate Admissions.
- Please select your college below to access the appropriate waiver form. Currently, only the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Francis College of Engineering; and Manning School of Business offer waiver forms. If your program is in another college, please check with your graduate coordinator.
Note: The College of Education does not require GRE for all M.Ed. and Education Specialists programs. Please see the College of Education for specific examination requirements.
College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Waiver for the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (pdf)
- Autism Studies (MS)
- Community Social Psychology (MA)
- Criminal Justice (MA)
- History (MA)
- Music Education (MM)
- Peace and Conflict Studies* (MA)
- Psychology (MA) (pdf)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Security Studies (MA/MS)
- Sound Recording Technology (MM)
*Does not require the GRE/MAT. No Waiver form required.
Francis College of Engineering
Waiver form for the Francis College of Engineering (pdf)
- Chemical Engineering (MSE)
- Civil Engineering (MSE)
- Computer Engineering (MSE)
- Electrical Engineering (MSE)
- Environmental Studies (MS)
- Engineering Management (MS)
- Energy Engineering (MSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (MSE)
- Plastics Engineering (MSE)
KENNEDY COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
Manning School of Business
Waiver form for the Manning School Business (pdf)
- Accounting (MS)
- Business Analytics (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Finance (MS)
- Entrepreneurship (MS)