Skip to Main Content

Departments providing services remotely. Building access limited. Check for more info.

Accepted & Current Students

Welcome to our community of scholars!

Important Information Regarding Graduate Student Services

Please note: The Graduate Student Services Office will operate remotely and will continue with all services virtually. Staff are available to speak with you over the phone or via virtual meetings during normal business hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5 pm EST.

To schedule a virtual advising appointment, please use the online scheduler.

You may also call 978-934-2173 or email with any questions. 

At this time, there are no changes to Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) or thesis/dissertation deadlines.  Any changes will be communicated immediately.  

The Graduate Student Services Office staff is committed to supporting all graduate students during this time, and are here to help guide you through a successful semester.

UMass Lowell’s proactive efforts to update the university on its ongoing efforts to monitor and prepare for impacts related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) include messages to the campus community. Review UMass Lowell's Statement on COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please continue to check this page frequently for updates.

Helpful Resources

Additional Resources


Get directions to campus using UMass Lowell's interactive Google Maps.


Students who start the housing search early are better equipped to locate affordable housing within a reasonable distance from campus. The ideal way to obtain housing is to visit over the summer and make arrangements at that time. If you have further questions please contact the Office of Residence Life.

ID/Parking Stickers

Please visit UCard, Access & Parking Services for questions regarding obtaining a student ID and parking sticker.

Student Health Services

All full-time graduate students (9 credits or more) are required to have health insurance. Full-time graduate students also need to provide immunization records and a recent physical (within 12 months). Part-time graduate students are not required to submit such medical records. Students taking all of their classes online do not have to submit health records. However, Massachusetts residents taking online classes are required to show evidence of health insurance. For more information, contact Student Health Services.

Bookstore: The Place to Get Your River Hawk Gear!

You can obtain required course materials from the River Hawk Shop, located at University Crossing, or online. In addition to textbooks, they also sell general interest books and bestsellers, team apparel, school supplies, gifts and more.

Billing and Payments

Please refer to the Solution Center for information regarding billing and refund policy.


In addition to housing extensive collections, the UMass Lowell Library provide electronic access to more than 300 databases, more than 28,000 journals and ninety computer workstations. Remote computer access is available for all students both on and off campus.

Computer and Email

Every student is issued a university email account which allows access to multiple services including SiS, the student information system. There are multimedia labs and distance learning classrooms across the campus. The UMass Lowell makes hundreds of workstations, PCs, and terminals available to students, all connected to multiple servers via a state-of-the-art network structure. The campus is completely wireless. For assistance contact the Help Desk at 978-934-4357 (ext. HELP) or

Graduate Student Association

Our Graduate Student Association and international student clubs offer a calendar of social and cultural events. The organization also allocates funding for dissertation research and for travel to research conferences.

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.