Register For A Family Orientation Experience
We are excited to bring back our in-person family orientation program for summer 2022! Parents, families, and supporters can choose from one of our day programs, or can select our new overnight option.
Family Orientation Day Sessions
- Location: University Crossing
- Time: Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and the program begins at 9 a.m., the programs run until 3 p.m., with optional experiences, residence hall tours, and office visits available until 5 p.m.
- Cost: $40 (includes coffee/tea service, lunch, family orientation bag, and program materials).
- Monday, June 6, 2022 (registration closed)
- Thursday, June 9, 2022 (registration closed)
- Monday, June 13, 2022 (registration closed)
- Monday, July 11, 2022
- Monday, July 18, 2022 (registration closed)
- Thursday, July 21, 2022
- Monday, July 25, 2022
- Thursday, July 28, 2022
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Cost reductions or waivers that reduce the cost of attending Family Orientation are available for families whose students have demonstrated financial need. Please email: Family@uml.edu for more information.
Family Orientation Overnight Session*
*Includes one night of lodging at the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center.
- Location: University Crossing and the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
- Time: The program begins on Thursday at 1 p.m. and includes dinner and a reception that evening, and then runs from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
- Cost: $40 for the program with an additional $99 charge for overnight accommodations.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 (registration closed)
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 (registration closed)
- Thursday, July 14, 2022
Disability Services Virtual Session
Join staff from the Office of Disability Services to learn more about the resources available to students as well as ways students can get connected to the office. Sessions are hosted over Zoom.
Friday, June 10, 2022: Noon to 1 p.m.
Thursday, June 30, 2022: Noon to 1 p.m.
Tuesday, August 9, 2022: Noon to 1 p.m.
Orientation for Your UMass Lowell Student
Your student does not need to attend Family Orientation with you. Family Orientation is geared towards parents and family members of incoming students, but not the students themselves. Some parents and family members may not feel comfortable discussing certain topics around their own or other students. We want everyone to be able to get their questions and concerns answered in an open environment.