Welcome to the River Hawk Family Association!
The River Hawk Family Association serves as a link between the University and the parents and families of UMass Lowell students. The River Hawk Family Association actively enhances the UMass Lowell student and family experience by fostering communication between the University and families, promoting inclusive engagement opportunities, amplifying family perspectives, and creating a positive parent and family culture.
What does the River Hawk Family Association do?
The River Hawk Family Association is an exciting opportunity to be engaged with the university and to serve as a role model and mentor to other parents and families. Members of the Family Association have the opportunity to show their UML spirit in a variety of ways:
- Attend two association meetings during the academic year (one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester) and one during the summer. Meetings will be held over Zoom. These meetings will be an opportunity to provide feedback, learn about university updates and announcements, and contribute ideas to Family Programs and the university.
- Represent Family Programs at events as a Family Ambassador during the academic year or summer. Events could include Open House, Welcome Days, Family Programs Social Events, Family Orientation, or Family Focus Groups.
- Participate in social media outreach by occasionally posting, answering questions, or engaging with other parents/families.
- Contribute to resources designed to help parents and families – this could include writing a post for the Family Portal, creating a social media post, or creating a post for the Family Programs website.
- October 25, 2023, 6:30 p.m. : Virtual Info Session for families interested in joining the association
- October 25 Virtual Info Session Registration
- December 14, 2023: Applications Due
- January 24, 2024: Spring Virtual Meeting
- June 14, 2024: Summer On Campus Retreat
How do I join the River Hawk Family Association? Applications are due December 14, 2023! If you have any questions, please contact Marshall Greenleaf at Marshall_Greenleaf@uml.edu.