Through engaging students, families, and the community, the Office of Student & Family Support Services strives to provide the tools, resources, and advocacy students need to be successful River Hawks at UMass Lowell.
The Office of Student & Family Support Services accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing critical resources to address student food and housing insecurity
- Engaging and partnering with parents, families, and supporters
- Providing educational programming that supports student retention and success
- Providing intervention and referral to students experiencing challenges
Family as Partners
Family Programs believes the partnership between the university and family members is critical to helping students achieve. Family Programs serves River Hawk families by:
- Providing helpful information and resources to encourage the most helpful level of involvement in your student’s college experience
- Keeping you informed about campus news, information, and events
- Providing opportunities to connect with university faculty, staff, and other River Hawk families
- Serving as a central hub for communication between the university and families
Statement of Inclusion
When we talk about family, we mean anyone that is part of a student’s support network. We recognize that how people define family is as vibrant and diverse as the students on our campus. Family can mean a parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, close friend, community member, immediate family, or extended family. We welcome any person that is part of a student’s family to participate in our programming and resources.