What is it?
- Offered jointly by the colleges of Engineering, Health Sciences and Sciences for undergraduate students.
- Set of four required subject-area courses, two labs, plus two elective courses.
- Two elective courses are “tuned” for a specialization or track.
- Several courses may also count as core or technical electives depending on the college.
- The net additional course work varies from a minimum of two to a maximum of six additional courses depending on the college.
Why should I enroll in this?
- Provides key competency in a rapidly growing interdisciplinary area.
- Provides a competitive advantage when searching for employment.
- Provides hand-on training which will likely lead to more rapid job advancement.
- Allows an easy transition into a later graduate programs - successful completion of this minor will allow you to transition into the Professional Science Masters (PSM) program, or doctoral programs.
Courses for a Minor in Biomedical Engineering & Biotechnology
For the latest course information please refer to the UMass Lowell online academic catalog.
How do I enroll in this minor?
- File a Declaration of Minor (pdf) form with your college before registering for 3000 level courses.
- Indicate your intention to pursue this minor with your Faculty Advisor, Sanjeev K. Manohar, Ph.D. (email@example.com).
Immediately after registering for the final courses which completes the minor, file an academic petition approved by your college with The Solution Center.