- EDD: Language Arts & Literacy, (2006), University of Massachusetts - Lowell
- MA: English, (1995), Salem State University - Salem
- : Moderate Special Needs, (1993), University of Massachusetts - Boston
- BA: English, (1990), Stonehill College - N.Easton
During his 19 years as a high school English teacher, John developed an inquiry-based-learning environment using constructivist teaching methods and a skills-based curriculum to teach students who were traditionally underserved. Also, an early adopter of 1:1 wireless technology, John's particular area of expertise is student motivation.
For the past five years he has taught, coached and advised both pre-service as well as in-service schoolteachers as faculty at The College of Education here at UML. He is a DifferenceMaker Fellow and the Coordinator for the Undergraduate Minor in Education.
Awards and Honors
- 2015 Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence (2015), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell