The Ed.D. is a cohort based program that begins each year in May. Applications are accepted from January – October 15, the year before the start of the program. For example, you would apply in 2022 for admission to the 2023 Trimester.
- Submitted online application
- An M.Ed., Ed.S. or master’s degree in a field relevant to K-12 education
- Should be currently working in a K-12 school or other setting that serves these students, have at least three years experience as a teacher and/or as an instructional leader, have a commitment to continuing to serve such students as a leader who will influence excellence and equity
- STEM option: Should have three year's experience as a STEM teacher or other roles in STEM within the district e.g. elementary STEM coordinator; mathematics coach
- Official transcripts from previously earned degrees
- 2 letters of reference that speak towards the candidates capacity for/record of leadership or STEM leadership in or relevant to K-12 settings and their commitment to learning and continued personal and professional growth including an ability to give and receive feedback/engage in interchange of ideas.
- A Professional resume
- A two-page statement of purpose in which the applicant describes their understanding of equity-based educational problems and identifies and articulates the reasons to address a contextually relevant, equity-based problem (for STEM applicants should have a STEM focus).
- $50 application fee
- For applicants who earned their degree outside of the US, you do not need to have your transcript evaluated by a credentialing service such as WES or CED.
- English proficiency testing
- TOEFL minimum 90
- IELTS minimum 7.0
Please note: F1 student visas are not issued for this program since it is offered exclusively online.
See the Graduate Catalog for additional admissions requirements.
Contact Phitsamay Uy, Ed.D. Coordinator: Phitsamay_Uy@uml.edu, or Lizzie Linn Casanave, Graduate Programs Advisor: Lizzie_Casanave@uml.edu, or visit the Graduate Admissions website for more information.