The UCAPS Office is excited to announce a new way to print starting in fall 2021: UPrint Mobile.
UPrint Mobile now allows students and faculty/staff to upload documents from the UPrint MyPrintCenter website from any Windows, macOS, iOS or Android device. Once your job is uploaded, you can make small alterations and release your job without your UCard. Documents may still be printed from vLabs using the HP_BW and HP_COLOR printers.
Please note: all UPrint Mobile functionality requires your device to be on the eduroam Wi-Fi network or on a UMass Lowell wired network. Please ensure that any VPN services are disabled otherwise it may prevent you from connecting to MyPrintCenter.
Uploading jobs from MyPrintCenter:
- Navigate to UPrint MyPrintCenter.
- Log in with your @uml.edu or @student.uml.edu e-mail and password. Members of the public who created guest accounts can log in with their personal e-mail address and password created.
- Choose the 'Upload' button on the top of the screen.
- Choose the document you wish to upload for printing. Note that the following formats are accepted through UPrint MyPrintCenter; if you have an unsupported format please print your job through vLabs:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Text (CSV, RTF, and TXT)
- You will see the document listed as 'processing'. Once that message disappears, your job is ready for printing.
Making adjustments to your uploaded jobs:
- Select the jobs you wish to make print option changes to. You can select multiple jobs.
- Review your available options at the bottom of the screen. If your browser window is small, or you are on a phone, you may have to select the 'Print Options' setting.
- Make any changes you need. The changes almost immediate and do not require you to save anything. Options you may change are:
- Color Mode: Black & White or Color
- Sides: Double Sided or Single Sided
- Pages Per Side
- Page Range
- Note that when you make any changes to your print options that the job will update to reflect the changes including the cost for the job. You may tap the Print Preview icon to ensure the job looks how you want it to.
Printing your uploaded jobs from MyPrintCenter:
- Select the jobs you wish to print.
- Under 'Destination' option, select the 'Select a printer' option. If you have printed from MyPrinter previously, it will display your recently used printer.
- Search for your printer, noting that only 20 printers will be shown. It is recommended you type in the building you are in to narrow your search.
- Once your printer is selected, select 'Print'.
- A confirmation will display how much the job(s) will cost. If you agree to the cost, choose 'Confirm' and your job will be printed provided you have sufficient funds.
Printing your uploaded jobs by QR Code (coming soon):
- On the front of supported printers, there will be a QR code uniquely identifying each printer. Scan the QR code with your mobile device to be brought to MyPrintCenter.
- If prompted, log in with your @uml.edu or @student.uml.edu e-mail and password.
- You will be prompted to print all of your available jobs at the printer you are in front of. A confirmation will display how much the job(s) will cost. If you agree to the cost, choose 'Confirm' and your job will be printed provided you have sufficient funds.