Students participate in hands-on learning activities and visit sites where history was made. These include a restored factory floor with the deafening roar of 88 power looms, a "mill girl" boardinghouse, an operating water turbine, and more. The hands-on experience makes learning both meaningful and exciting, and the power of place deepens student understanding of not only history but science, engineering, and technology, too.
Each program includes a full day of age-appropriate, hands-on workshops and tours of historic National Park sites led by professional educators. (Includes use of our brown-bag lunchroom facility.)
All programs are tied to curriculum standards and developed for students in particular grades.
Extend your visit: why not add an extra hands-on workshop or a visit to exhibits?
- Reservations for the 2022-2023 school year are available.
- Field trip fee per class of up to 30 students: $225.
- January programs are discounted to $185.
- To make a reservation call 978-970-5080.
- For more information see how to Plan Your Visit.
- Youth Groups should contact us for specially designed programs for your Scout, camp, or recreation group. Or just choose from our extended-day offerings!
- See our pre- and post-visit lessons for activities to do before and after your visit with us.