Here's a list of UMass Lowell programs supporting the LGBTQ+ community for anyone to enjoy!
Opening Week Welcome - LGBTQ+ Resource Ice Cream Social
During the Opening Week for each Fall semester, we host an Ice Cream Social to introduce new students to the LGTBQ+ Resources on campus.
Coming Out, Coming Together
Every October, we host of series of events to celebrate Coming Out, Coming Together month. Events for Fall 2020 include:
- LGBTQ+ Swag & Celebration - Tuesday, October 5 at 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in the University Crossing (UCrossing) Lobby
- Invisible Identity Series: Understanding Pronouns - Wednesday, October 6 at 5 p.m. in UCrossing 370
- Dialogue and Desserts: Self Love and Self Care - Wednesday, October 13 at 7 p.m. in the LGBTQ+ Resource Center: UCrossing 380
- Dress to EXPRESS - Clothing Drive:
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs will be taking clothing donations throughout the month of October!
- Clothes shopping can be intimidating, especially when finding to express your identity through fashion.
- The office in UCrossing 380 will have racks of donated clothes for you to try on and take!
- Looking to donate clothes? Feel free to drop them off in the designated donations bins located around campus.
Have questions? Feel free to email: Multicultural_Affairs@uml.edu.
LGBTQ+ Art Contest
We are excited to share details about the Fall 2021 LGBTQ+ resource center art contest! The winner will be awarded $250 and have their art piece displayed year round in our onsite office in UCrossing, room 380. This contest is open to current UMass Lowell Students who are passionate and capable of best embracing our mission statement in an art piece.
- The piece must be a triptych (3-piece) display
- Preferable Portrait Style
- Each piece must be between 23x36 or 30x45
Submissions will be judged on this rubric:
- Understanding and applying theme
- Creativity and originality
- Composition and design
- Requirements and Depth
We will accept submissions via the office email: LGBTQ_Resources@uml.edu until Friday, October 29. All Submitted work will be judged anonymously by a handpicked team, with only one winner.
Please share with any interested students.
Any questions can be emailed to: LGBTQ_Resources@uml.edu.
Annual Drag Show
Each February, the university hosts a Drag Show featuring professional and amateur performers from our community!