Skip to Main Content
1/17/18: Parking ban begins at midnight. University closed, including Haverhill. Parking ban and closure information
braille print out.

Required Documentation

General Information about Documentation

Documentation should validate the need for accommodation based on an individual's current level of functioning.

A comprehensive assessment battery and resulting diagnostic report should include:

  • Diagnostic interview
  • Assessment of aptitude
  • Academic achievement
  • Information processing
  • Diagnosis

Physical / Learning Disabilities

For physical and learning disabilities, appropriate documentation from one or more of the following sources it required:

  • Clinical or Educational Psychologist
  • School Psychologist
  • Neuropsychologist
  • Learning Disabilities Specialist
  • Licensed medical practitioner
  • Other appropriate licensed professional

Psychiatric Disabilities

For psychiatric disabilities, appropriate documentation must be provided by a licensed mental health professional and should include:

  • Date of diagnosis
  • DSM IV diagnosis
  • Brief description of the clinical data supporting the diagnosis and present level of functioning
  • Statement about how this disability may affect functioning in the academic setting