B.S. in Physics - Radiological Health Physics Option
UMass Lowell offers a Bachelor’s of Science in Physics - Radiological Health Physics Option to prepare students for careers as health physicists in Radiological Sciences and Protection. The degree program includes the study of:
- Natural and man-made radiation sources
- Distribution of radioactivity in the environment
- Radiation detection and measurement
- Radiation shielding
- Exposure pathways
- Metabolism of radioactive substances
- Effects of radiation on the human body
Courses You’ll Take
Take a core of basic courses in physics alongside training in radiological sciences.
Sample courses include:
- Introduction to Radiological Sciences
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Radiation Safety and Control 1 & 2
Visit the Courses for Radiological Health Physics Option page for a recommended course of study.