Education specific to climate change, fresh water resources, earth science and general environmental science
- Soil carbon sequestration, surface water chemistry and science education.
- How the education system has affected the general public's understanding of anthropogenic climate change.
- MS: Geology & Geophysics, (2002), Boston College - Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Dissertation/Thesis Title:Evidence for increased soil carbon and nitrogen accumulation under CO2 enrichment
- BS: Environmental Science, (2000), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, Mass.
Supporting Area: Geoscience
- BA: Studio Art, (1988), University of Texas - Austin, Texas
Supporting Area: Painting and Drawing
As a teaching professor, I have the privilege of teaching several different undergraduate earth science courses to both majors and non-majors. I am highly involved in most of the department service and outreach. I've also been known to do a little landscape painting in my free time.
- Weeden, L. (2002). Evidence for increased soil carbon and nitrogen accumulation under carbon dioxide enrichment. Boston College Dissertations and Theses.
- Weeden, L. The unexpected benefits of conducting a K-12 Earth Science professional development workshop over ZOOM - Northeastern GSA Annual Section Meeting, Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs - Hartford, CT. 53(1)
- Weeden, L. Teaching Climate Change: An Interdisciplinary Approach to K-12 Professional Development - Joint Southeastern Northeastern GSA Annual Section Meeting, Geological Society of America Programs - Reston, VA. 52(2), 36
- Weeden, L. Engaging Civil and Environmental Through Active Learning and Online Quizzes - Joint Southeastern Northeastern GSA Annual Section Meeting, Geological Society of America Programs - Reston, VA. 52(2), 36
- Re-imagining Geology for Engineers by Incorporating Case Studies to Demonstrate Context - Northeast Section Meeting Geological Society of America, March 2019 - Portland, Maine
- Eastern Massachusetts Geology, the Colonial Expansion and Industrial Revolution in and Around Lowell, Massachusetts - Northeast Section Meeting of Geological Society of America, March 2018 - Burlington, VT
- It's OK to be a woman in STEM. - 10th Annual Women in Stem Luncheon, March 2015 - Lowell, MA
- Bowling, Painting, Flying and Hiking the Convoluted Path of a Lecturer - Honor's College Speaker Series, November 2014 - Lowell, MA
- Building a Bridge: Partnerships with Faculty in Living-Learning Communities - ACUHO-I conference , October 2014 - Kansas City, MO
- Service Learning in Environmental Geosciences - Northeast GSA Conference, March 2014 - Lancaster, PA