- How can I get involved with PADA?
Community members are invited to participate in developing the PADA by donating/collecting, describing, and/or translating materials, including oral histories.Your support for PADA helps to ensure that we can safely preserve these cultural resources and provide access to the broadest range of materials.
- How do I cite an item or a collection found on your site?
Our preferred citation for digital materials follows the following format: [collection title], [collection #]. [project], [repository]. [reference URL].Example:Camara Family, Portuguese-American Photograph Collection, 1905-1915. Portuguese American Digital Archive, Center for Lowell History, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA.You may also use your own citation format or use the version Omeka automatically generates.
- I or one of my family members/friends is upset about their image being shared. What can we do?
The Portuguese American Digital Archive (PADA) at UMass Lowell makes every effort to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content. These materials are made available for community, educational and scholarly use.BUT if you are concerned that you have found material on the Portuguese American Digital Archive that is being shared without your permission, please contact by email: PADA@uml.edu and include the following:
Upon receipt of a request, the PADA team:
- Your contact information (including email address and phone)
- Exact URL (website address) where you found the material
- Details that describe the material (title, collection name, number of items, etc.)
- The reason(s) why you believe the material should not be shared, with any pertinent documentation
Upon completion of the assessment, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you.
- Will promptly acknowledge the request via email or other means of communication if you do not have an email account
- Will assess the validity of the request
- May temporarily remove the material from public view while we assess the concern
- I changed my mind about my donations! Who can I contact?
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, please contact us by email at: PADA@uml.edu or by phone at: 978-934-5199. By sharing your concerns, you will help us to improve the PADA.