Students participating in the 2022 Student Symposium must submit their abstract using the online abstract submission portal.
Abstracts are due by Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Though you need abstract approval before submitting a video, it may be prudent to begin working on your video while your project advisor reviews your abstract.
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words in length and must be submitted through the online abstract submission portal.
- Individual and group submissions are welcome.
- Only one abstract may be submitted by a lead author (someone else must be the lead author if you are part of multiple submissions).
- The online abstract submission form requires that you enter the title of your project (title case please, not all capitals), and the first/last name and email address of your UMass Lowell project advisor.
- If you are submitting an abstract on behalf of a student group, you will also be required to enter the first/last name(s), email address(es), and major(s)/program(s), of each of your co-presenters.
- If you need to make changes to a submitted abstract, email: Student_Symposium@uml.edu to report that you wish to make a change. We will "reject" your original submission. You will then need to resubmit your revised abstract through the online abstract submission portal (in essence, it is as though it's a first-time submission - the reason: only one abstract submission per student is allowed).
- Upon submission of your abstract, the abstract submission portal will automatically send your abstract to your UMass Lowell project advisor for review and approval.
- Project advisor approval is required to submit a video.
- Upon approval, the student who submitted the abstract will receive an email with instructions for how to submit a video presentation of no more than 3 minutes to be uploaded to the UMass Lowell Student Symposium YouTube channel.