Hosted by the Biomanufacturing Innovation Institute (BII) and UMass Lowell
We invite you to join our BII Industrial Bioprocessing Course. We are planning a 5-day professional short course delivered in-person at UMass Lowell over 1 week from July 29 - August 2, 2024. There will be live questions and answers and Networking sessions after each module. The course will be taught by industry professionals from BMS, Pfizer, MilliporeSigma, and UMass experts.
This course teaches key principles and concepts of industrial bioprocessing of protein, cell and gene therapies. The course covers recent technologies and practices of upstream, downstream, and analytical tools in the bioprocessing industry. In addition, FDA initiatives of PAT (Process Analytical Technology), Quality by Design, and Emerging Technology will be covered. The course consists of 6 modules.
Date & Location
- Date: July 29 - August 2, 2024
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Location: UMass Lowell North Campus, Lowell, Mass.
- Industry professionals from BMS, Pfizer, MilliporeSigma, UMass Biologics and UMass experts.
This program consists of 5-days short courses for entry-level engineer/scientist in biopharmaceutical industry, and/or students pursuing biopharmaceutical carriers. These courses covers bioprocessing principles and practices of protein therapeutics, cell and gene therapies. At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Module 1 - Upstream Bioprocessing
- Module 2 - Downstream Bioprocessing
- Module 3 - Analytical Technology in Bioprocessing
- Module 4 - Regulatory, QbD, and Big Data Analytics for Biopharmaceutical
- Module 5 - Cell Therapy & Bioprocessing
- Module 6 - Gene Therapy & Bioprocessing
- A tentative schedule for the biomanufacturing short course (pdf) is available.
- Scientist, Senior Research Scientist, Bioprocess Engineer, or equivalent in Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals.
- Attendees from academia and regulatory agencies may also benefit depending on their areas of interest and level of experience.
- For registration and check out, please head over to our official Industrial Bioprocessing Course registration website.
- For any questions about the registration, please contact us by email at: email@example.com.
- For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.