Skip to Main Content

UMass Lowell scales back Fall 2020 plan to minimize students, employees on campus. View the plan for more info.

International Faculty or Research Scholars

Please contact the International Students & Scholars Office two weeks prior to traveling outside of the U.S.
  • All scholars will need a passport valid six months beyond the expiration date of their I-20, DS-2019, Form I-797 or Employment Authorization Document.
  • J-1 Scholars will need a Travel Validation signature on their Form DS-2019 along with an Employment Verification Letter. (Signature on DS-2019 must be within six months).
  • H-1B Scholars will need a copy of their H-1B Petition (previously provided to them by the H-1B Immigration Attorney) along with an Employment Verification  Letter.
  • TN Scholars will need a current Employment Verification Letter and Academic Credentials, along with an Employment Verification Letter from ISSO.