Public history and interdisciplinary research, popular entertainment, burlesque, film studies, Queer theory and performance, cultural policy and arts funding, North American academic culture, and standards of academic integrity
- M.A / Ph.D. Drama, Tufts University
- B.A., Theater and Rhetoric, Bates College
Rae Mansfield oversees the Office of National Scholarships and the Honors Thesis / Project process, and is Faculty-in-Residence for the Commonwealth Honors Living Learning Community. Rae is also a playwright, a theatre technician, faculty advisor for the Off-Broadway Players student theatre group, and co-founder of Theatre for Lifelong Learning.
University experiences in and out of traditional classrooms facilitate students’ realization of their ability to effect real-world change from creation to collaboration and implementation.
- Theatre for Lifelong Learning (2022), Intellect Ltd.
- “Sweatpants,” Hindsight 2021, Left Edge
- Let’s Build Theatre Communities…or Not: Virtual Teaching and Scholarship in an Exclusionary World (2021), Theatre Survey, 62(3)
- Physical Distancing and Community Connection (2020), Inside Higher Ed, May 12
- Waves of Opportunity: Best Practices for Teaching Older Adults in Theatre (2019), Theatre Topics, 29(1)