Exercise Physiology; Strength & Conditioning; Exercise Prescription and Programming; Orthopedic Physical Therapy; Clinical Application of Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Therapy
Blood flow restriction; Human and Sport Performance; Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), University of Massachusetts Lowell – Lowell, MA
- BS in Exercise Physiology, University of Massachusetts Lowell – Lowell, MA
Kyle Coffey, PT, DPT, ACSM-EP is an Associate Teaching Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. He is a proud "Double Riverhawk."
Coffey is a licensed physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of New Hampshire and has extensive clinical experience with a variety of patient and client populations in community, hospital, and private practice settings. He holds credentials as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-EP) from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Coffey is also a clinical expert in the application of blood flow restriction and has created and teaches continuing education courses on the topic throughout the country and internationally.
Coffey is an active member in national and regional professional organizations associated with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He is currently serves on ACSM’s Communications and Public Relations Committee.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award (2020), Leadership - UMass Lowell Student Activities
- Teaching Excellence Award (2019), Teaching - Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Exceeding Excellence in Teaching Award (2017), Teaching - Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Exercise Prescription and Programming in Rehabilitation (2022) – Invited Speaker, New Hampshire American Physical Therapy Association (NHAPTA) Annual Conference
- Strategies for New Faculty on Effective Learning Management System Management (2022) – Speaker, Teaching Professor Conference, Atlanta GA
- Blood Flow Restriction (2019) – Department of Kinesiologia, Universidad Finis Terrae, Santiago, Chile
- Blood Flow Restriction (2018) – Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile