Latent Variable Modeling; Longitudinal Data Analysis; Multivariate Dynamics; Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Ph D: Quantitative Psychology, (2016), University of California, Davis - Davis, CA
- MA: Experimental Psychology, (2010), California State University, Stanislaus - Turlock, CA
- BA: Experimental Psychology, (2008), California State University, Stanislaus - Turlock, CA
Joseph E. Gonzales is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology. He joined the department in 2016, after completing his doctoral training in Quantitative Psychology at the University of California, Davis.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Summer Internship Program in Research for Graduate Students (2015) - Educational Testing Service: Princeton, NJ
- ETS-NAEP Testing, Evaluation, Assessment, & Measurement Fellow (2014) - Educational Testing Service and the National Assessment of Educational Progress: Princeton, NJ
- Society of Measurement and Experimental Psychology Graduate Student Poster Travel Award (2014) - Society of Measurement and Experimental Psychology: Nashville, TN
- American Psychological Association Student Travel Award (2014) - American Psychological Association: Washington, DC
- Western Psychological Foundation Student Scholarship Award (2012) - Western Psychological Association: Burlingame, CA
- Recipient of the Dean’s Medal of Excellence (2010) - College of Human and Health Sciences, California State University, Stanislaus: Turlock, CA
- Graduate Student of the year (2009) - Department of Psychology and Child Development, California State University, Stanislaus: Turlock, CA
- Gonzales, J.E. (). . Measurement: Interdisciplinary Research and Perspectives.
- Gonzales, J.E., Frazier, A., Ferrer, E. (2018). Using model parameters describing affective dynamics to predict romantic relationship dissolution. Translational Issues in Psychological Science, 4(4) 362-379.
- Gonzales, J., Ferrer, E. (2016). Efficacy of Methods for Ovulation Estimation and Their Effect on the Statistical Detection of Ovulation-linked Behavioral Fluctuations. Behavior Research Methods, 48(3) 1125 - 1144.
- Gonzales, J., Ferrer, E. (2015). Latent Growth Modeling for Developmental Research. The Encyclopedia of Adulthood and Aging.
- Gonzales, J., Ferrer, E. (2014). Individual Pooling for Group-based Modeling under the Assumption of Ergodicity. Multivariate behavioral research, 49(3) 245-260.