History of education; Chilean history; Latin America, colonial and modern
- Ph D: Latin American History, (2002), Tulane University - New Orleans, LA
Supporting Area: European History
Dissertation/Thesis Title: In Science and Virtue: The Education of Latin American Clergy, 1858-1967
- MA: Latin American History, (1998), Tulane University - New Orleans, LA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: The Catholic Elite in Chile, 1860-1930
- BA: History, (1995), University of California San Diego - San Diego, CA
Supporting Area: Chilean Studies
Selected Awards and Honors
- History Department Teaching Award (2009), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell Department of History
- Edwards, L.M. (2013). Review of John R. Chavez, Beyond Nations: Evolving Homelands in the North Atlantic World, 1400-2000. (10:1). World History Connected
- Edwards, L.M. (2012). Enterprise in Latin America: Teaching About Commodities in Latin America in a World History Context. World History Bulletin, 28(2) 11 - 13.
- Edwards, L.M. (2012). The Oxford Handbook of Latin American History. World History Bulletin, 28(2) 80.
- Edwards, L.M. (2010). Paths to Progress in Modern Latin America. World History Connected, 7(3) 9.
- Edwards, L.M. (2009). Latin American seminary reform: Modernization and the preservation of the catholic church. Catholic Historical Review, 95(2) 261-282.
- Parents, Children, and the Priesthood - Rocky Mountain Council on Latin American Studies Annual Conference, March 2012 - Park City, Utah
- Demanding Democracy: Contested Elections in Chile, 1869-1891 - Rocky Mountain Council on Latin American Studies Annual Conference, April 2011 - Santa Fe, NM
- Building "Good Government": Charles H. Allen & the Establishment of American Civilian Government in Puerto Rico, June 2010 - San Diego, CA
- Chilean Conservatives and the Catholic Church, 1857-1901, April 2008 - Miami, FL
- The Conservative Party and the Catholic Church Address Modernization: Common Strategies in Late 19th- and Early 20th-Century Chile, November 2006 - Minneapolis, MN
- Shared Leaders, Shared Goals, 2005 - Dayton, Ohio
- Latin American Seminaries. The Preservation of the Institutional Church and Modern Changes - VII Iberoamerican Congress of the History of Latin American Education, 2005 - Quito, Ecuador
- Transatlantic Religious Practices: Latin American Pilgrimages to Europe - Saints and Pilgrims Around the Atlantic Conference, 2004 - Charleston, South Carolina
- A Relevant Education: Preparing the Clergy for the Social Mission of the Church in Latin America, 2002 - Portland, Oregon
- Dimensions of Identity: The Colegio P'o Latino Americano, 2001 - Boston, MA