- Biologically-inspired fluid dynamics
- Applied mathematics
- Aerodynamics and aeroacoustics
- Machine learning and data-driven methods
- Ph.D.: Mechanical Engineering (2018), Lehigh University
- MS: Mechanical Engineering (2014), Lehigh University
- BS: Chemical Engineering (2011), Sharif University of Technology
Rozhin Hajian, Ph.D., joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell as an Assistant Professor in the Fall of 2022.
Before joining UMass Lowell, she was a Postdoctoral Associate at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) at Harvard University (2018 - 2022), and a Future Faculty Fellow at Northeastern University (2020 - 2022).
Hajian has been selected as a Rising Star in Aerospace Engineering by MIT, Stanford, and UC Boulder, in 2021. She has also received several awards, including the "David Crighton Fellowship" awarded by the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, UK, in 2019. During her graduate studies, she was honored for her research merit and leadership activities with the "Graduate Student Life Leadership Award" in 2016 and the 2018 "Graduate Student Merit Award."