We prepare the next generation of educators, researchers, evaluators, and policymakers to be leaders of change who are ready to meet current and future, local, national, and global challenges. We do this through innovative teaching that inspires curiosity and critical thinking, service that promotes the needs of the diverse communities with whom we partner, and impactful research that strives to make inclusive academic excellence possible across a wide range of educational contexts. In doing so, we move closer to our vision of a better, more just and democratic society.
As stewards of a better, more just and democratic society, we
- Rely on coherent, rigorous standards and curriculum as well as innovative instructional methods that leverage technology and physical space to ensure authentic student learning.
- Address pressing, intractable educational problems by delivering programs and disseminating research that influences a wide/ varied population of stakeholders.
- Partner with organizations that share our commitment to and enhance our capacity to prepare the next generation of leaders.
- Collaborate as members of a diverse and inclusive professional community; through our collegial interactions we learn from and with each other.
- Ensure the academic success and professional preparation of the racially, ethnically, culturally, and, linguistically diverse students that we recruit and admit into our programs.