UMass Lowell peer tutors go through rigorous training to be certified by the CRLA Accreditation Association to ensure students are receiving the highest level of quality tutoring. Additionally, our peer tutors are recommended by UMass Lowell faculty and have a 3.000 GPA or higher. Here are some of the key responsibilities of taking on the role of a Peer
Key Job Components
- Provide a leadership role in assisting others in achieving their academic goals
- Use various learning theories from tutoring training to review and explain homework assignments
- Develop human communication skills by clarifying academic material with groups of students
- Identify organizational skills and strategies to assist students in resolving future academic problems
- Be a role-model of effective techniques and tools for achieving higher academic standards.