Outdoor Center & Bike Shop
- Merchandise Returns: University of Massachusetts Lowell Outdoor Center and Bike Shop will accept returns of merchandise and parts for up to 30 days with valid proof of purchase. The returned merchandise must be in unused condition and intact in its original package.
- Defective Merchandise: University of Massachusetts Lowell Outdoor Center and Bike Shop will accept returns or repair and replace at our option, merchandise deemed to possess a factory defect for a period of 90 days. After 90 days the customer is advised to contact the manufacturer for warranty information.
- Exclusions: The University of Massachusetts Lowell Outdoor Center and Bike Shop return policy excludes the following:
- Labor hours charged for services.
- Merchandise returned for re-purchase at a lower price
- Any manufacturers return policy that supersedes our return policy
- Food is not returnable.
- Special Orders: All special order items must be paid in full before ordering, subject to up to 20% restocking fee if returned. Special ordered new bike sales are final.
- New Bikes – New Bikes are eligible for a Free “Ride Prep” Tune-up within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Used Bikes – Bikes are sold as is. All sales are final. Free "Ride Prep" Tune-up within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Service Orders Customer Expectations – Customers will be given the opportunity to approve work prior to the work being done, including the knowledge of reasonable estimated cost for labor, stock parts, non-refundable special order parts as well as a reasonable time estimate for the work to be completed.
- All rented equipment will be the responsibility of the person renting it.
- All rentals must be paid in full at time of reservation.
- Late fees of 2 times the daily rate will be charged for late rentals that are not otherwise renegotiated prior to return.
- Rental equipment is subject to excessive cleaning and/or damage repair fees to be assessed for up to two-week evaluation period after the equipment has been returned.
- Customers will be charged up to the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) for replacement of equipment is not returned or damaged beyond repair.
- Refunds will not be issued to rental reservations cancelled within 48 hours of proposed rental pickup time.
- Rental equipment will be in good working order, clean, complete with all parts and necessary accessories.
- An itemized receipt for all goods and services will be provided to the customer.
- The rental order final receipt will be emailed to the customer after the 2 week evaluation period is complete.