Web Services is charged with making all the university’s websites attractive, easy to navigate and accurate.
Digital Communications oversees all web content including site specific content, university communications, Today@UMass Lowell
, content updates and initial contact with university colleges, departments and administrative units to create new or update/edit existing web sites, social media, blogs, photo galleries, university calendar, maintenance of top-level pages, approval of tasks within Tridion workflow.
Web Services manages the enterprise web applications including web content management system (SDL Tridion), Lyris List Manager, WebTrends Reporting, and Wordpress blogs. Web Services oversees web functionality and custom web application programming, forms building, page design, layout and graphics, interactive design, and user interface design for entire online university presence.
The following requests should be made by filling out a web ticket request (login required).
- Request access to maintain a certain website (must have supervisor/department chair approval)
- Request an alias for a web address
- Request a fix for a bad link
- Have a site added to the university directory
- Request a new website
- Request training in SDL Tridion, the university's content management system
- Request a blog
- Add keywords to UMass Lowell Search