- How can I get involved with SEADA?
Community members are invited to participate in developing the SEADA by donating/collecting, describing, and/or translating materials, including oral histories.
Your support for SEADA helps to ensure that we can safely preserve these cultural heritage materials and provide access to the broadest range of materials.
- I changed my mind about my donations! Who can I contact?
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 978-934-4408. By sharing your concerns, you will help us to improve the SEADA.
- I or one of my family members/friends is upset about their image being shared. What can we do?
The Southeast Asian Digital Archive (SEADA) at UMass Lowell makes every effort to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content. These materials are made available for community, educational and scholarly use.
BUT if you are concerned that you have found material on the Southeast Asian Digital Archive that is being shared without your permission, please contact by email: email@example.com and include the following:
- Your contact information (including email address and phone)
- Exact URL (website address) where you found the material
- Details that describe the material (title, collection name, number of items, etc.)
- The reason(s) why you believe the material should not be shared, with any pertinent documentation
Upon receipt of a request, the SEADA team will:
- Promptly acknowledge the request via email or other means of communication if you do not have an email account
- Assess the validity of the request
- Upon request, we may temporarily remove the material from public view while we assess the concern
- Upon completion of the assessment, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you
- How do I cite an item or a collection found on your site?
Our preferred citation for digital materials follows the following format: [collection title], [collection #]. [project], [repository]. [reference URL].
- Indochinese Refugees Foundation, Inc. Collection, 1957-1996. UML 1. Southeast Asian Digital Archive, Center for Lowell History, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA. https://umlseada.omeka.net/items/show/27.
- Indochinese Refugees Foundation, Inc. Collection, 1957-1996. UML 1. Southeast Asian Digital Archive, Center for Lowell History, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA. https://umlseada.omeka.net/collections/show/1.
You may also use your own citation format or use the version Omeka automatically generates.