Whether you're a start-up company looking to license a platform technology to launch your business or an existing company that needs improved and cutting-edge technology, UMass Lowell is here to help. From patent licensing to finding collaborators for sponsored research, we can get you connected.
Resources for Companies
- Office of Industry Partnerships & Economic Development - The growing research enterprise at UMass Lowell provides innovative, cost-effective opportunities to expand your company’s R&D efforts and develop solutions to real-world challenges. Learn more about the Industry Partnerships and Economic Development.
- Office of Technology Commercialization - The OTC (formerly CVIP) is responsible for the protection and commercialization of intellectual property at UMass Lowell. Faculty and staff who are looking for information on how to protect their intellectual property should visit the Faculty Assistance section. Companies and entrepreneurs interested in licensing technology from the university should visit Technology Licensing.
- Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center - M2D2 is a lifeline for the state's smaller medical device companies, offering innovators and executives easy, affordable and coordinated access to world-class researchers and resources at the UMass Lowell and Worcester campuses.
- UMass Lowell Innovation Hub - The Innovation Hub, with newly-built space at at 110 Canal St., Lowell, assists early-stage entrepreneurs and ventures in testing products and business concepts, developing prototypes, raising funds and launching successful, high-growth, potential businesses.
- UMass Lowell New Venture Development - The Center for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development's New Venture Development is a model for university cultivation of start-up activity. NVD provides a path for university-owned innovation to become a start up.