This page hosts links and information about previously recorded CPH-NEW webinars. If you're interested in registering for the next CPH-NEW webinar, be sure to view the CPH-NEW Events page for all upcoming event information. Be sure to subscribe to the CPH-NEW YouTube channel and turn on notifications! If you turn turn on notifications, you will be the first to get notified every time a new video is posted!
Past Webinar Recordings
PreviousWebinarsJune 24, 2022
- Work as a Social Determinant of Mental Health - Tony LaMontagne is a Professor of Work, Health, and Wellbeing at Deakin University, Australia. Professor LaMontagne’s career has been dedicated to developing the scientific and public understanding of work as a social determinant of health and translating this research into policy and practice to improve workplace and worker health. Specific areas of interest include workplace mental health, improving job quality and psychosocial working conditions, and evaluating policy interventions. His research and publications have influenced policy & practice in workplace health nationally and internationally, including OH&S authorities, Beyond Blue, the (Australian) National Mental Health Commission, the US Occupational Safety & Health Administration, and the World Health Organization. Before completing his doctoral degree at Harvard University, Tony earned M.Ed. and B.S. degrees in Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. We, at CPH-NEW, were excited to welcome him back to UMass Lowell for this CPH-NEW Webinar to discuss Doctor LaMontagne's work on the impacts of work on physical health, mental health, and well-being.
June 14, 2022
- Total Worker Health® Trends: Expert Webinar Series - "Hybrid work is not just about geography - it is an organizational change" - Christine Ipsen is an associate professor at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). Her expertise includes interventions in knowledge work to ensure productivity and well-being in tandem. She has written extensively about participatory interventions in knowledge work and the impact of working from home on the workplace and workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe. She has co-developed the Fish-Bone method, a participatory tool to explore what creates enthusiasm and strain at a workplace, and an evaluation tool, to continuously evaluate the progress of an intervention and the implementation of changes. This webinar is part of CPH-NEW’s Total Worker Health® Trends: Expert Webinar Series, and is focused on learning about the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid work, and the impacts of remote work on employee health and worker well-being.
March 16, 2022
- Total Worker Health® Trends: Expert Webinar Series - Addressing Worker Mental Health: The Healthy Workplace Campaign - In 2016, a poll by the American Psychological Association reported that one out of 3 workers typically feel tense or stressed out during the workday, and the COVID-19 pandemic has only increased the stressors experienced by most worker. There is strong evidence that workplace psychosocial stress contributes to poor mental health and mental illness. This webinar is part of CPH-NEW’s Total Worker Health® Trends: Expert Webinar Series focused on learning about the links between work, stress, health, and interventions to improve worker well-being. Marnie Dobson, Ph.D. presents her work and tools from the Healthy Work Campaign that can be used to improve the health and productivity of working people.
February 11, 2022
- HearWell: A Total Worker Health® Approach to Hearing Conservation - Jenn Cavallari ScD CIH offering her presentation about the HearWell program to all in attendance at the New York-New Jersey Education and Research Center's 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting. The HearWell Program was developed using the Total Worker Health approach adapted by CPH-NEW. HearWell was developed for transportation maintenance workers exposed to noise while repairing and maintaining roadways. The goal of HearWell was to improve upon hearing protection device use and hearing health knowledge.
October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Well-being in the Evolving Workplace: A Holistic Approach Involving Technology, Ergonomics, and Work video - In this webinar, researcher and office systems expert Michelle Robertson reviews how the new hybrid work system has impacted individuals and organizations focusing on strategies that use a work-systems perspective to promote worker wellbeing and performance. This CPH-NEW Webinar was co-hosted with MA WoW.
June 13, 2017
- Evaluation of a safe resident handling program in U.S. nursing homes video - Alicia Kurowski, Sc.D. and Post Doctorate Research Fellow at CPH-NEW. Institute for Work and Health - Toronto, Canada.
June 26, 2015
- Work and Mental Health: Capturing Natural Experiments from Large Longitudinal Datasets - Anthony LaMontagne, Sc.D., Deakin University guest lecture at University of Massachusetts Lowell.