Manning School of Business' Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation is an intensive, two-week immersion in entrepreneurship and innovation.
Presently, two sessions are offered: summer in Lowell and winter Hubli, India. Being interdisciplinary and multicultural, students learn as much from each other as they do about themselves.
UMass Lowell students can take up to 6 credits of electives at both undergraduate and graduate levels:
- ENTR.4100 and ENTR.4110: Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- ENTR.6100 and ENTR.6110: Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation
If a student is interested in taking 6 credits, the first class will be Venture Planning and second class will be Venture Implementation.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
The Manning School of Business has been involved in student exchange and study abroad programs since 2014. There have been six such programs; three in Hubli (India) and three in Lowell. Almost 400 students from eight countries have gone through these programs.
- KLE Technological University (Hubli, India);
- Nanjing University of Postal & telecommunications (Nanjing, China);
- University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (Bangkok, Thailand); and
- University of Guyana (Georgetown, Guyana)
As a part of these study abroad and student exchange programs, students have worked on projects from UMass Lowell New Venture Development
, faculty research and M2D2
. This has positively impacted both students and sponsors.