Ninety-five percent of the world’s customers and the fastest-growing markets are outside the U.S., according to the federal government. If you want to be more competitive in those markets you will need an in-depth understanding of both the details and subtleties of international business from a cross-cultural, financial and operational perspective. The Robert J. Manning School of Business International Business concentration provides the next generation of leaders with the tools they need to do business on a global scale.
The International Business Concentration
The International Business Concentration provides you with the broad range of skills you’ll need for an international career in a rapidly evolving global workplace. Concentration coursework will assist you to:
- Develop an awareness of management concepts, systems and practices in different countries and institutional settings.
- Understand cultural dynamics, economics and political constraints as they affect the marketing and sales aspect of international business.
- Assess and evaluate the financial risks associated with multi-national firms, and address global sourcing strategies. This includes; managing supply and demand uncertainties, distribution strategies for global operations, and managing strategic alliances.
- Learn more about the role that information technology and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) plays in managing global supply chains.
- Enhance your understanding of the details and nuances of international trade.
International Business is your choice if you:
- Aspire to study abroad or participate in a significant international experience outside of the classroom such as an international internship.
- Want to tour international campuses and experience what it is like to study at a university in another country.
- Envision yourself to be an active participant in the world economy.