Ninety-five percent of the world’s customers and the fastest-growing markets are outside the U.S., according to the federal government. If you want to be more competitive in those markets you will need an in-depth understanding of both the details and subtleties of international business from a cross-cultural, financial and operational perspective. The Robert J. Manning School of Business International Business concentration provides the next generation of leaders with the tools they need to do business on a global scale.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an International Business Concentration
The International Business Concentration provides you with the broad range of skills you will need for an international career in a rapidly evolving global workplace. Concentration coursework will assist you to:
- Develop an awareness of management concepts, systems and practices in different countries and institutional settings.
- Understand cultural dynamics, economics and political constraints as they affect the marketing and sales aspect of international business.
- Assess and evaluate the financial risks associated with multi-national firms, and address global sourcing strategies. This includes; managing supply and demand uncertainties, distribution strategies for global operations, and managing strategic alliances.
- Learn more about the role that information technology and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) plays in managing global supply chains.
- Enhance your understanding of the details and nuances of international trade.
International Business is your choice if you:
- Aspire to study abroad or participate in a significant international experience outside of the classroom such as an international internship.
- Want to tour international campuses and experience what it is like to study at a university in another country.
- Envision yourself to be an active participant in the world economy.