International students apply through the regular admissions process. Your application package shall include:
- A completed Graduate Admission application
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Scores
- All international applicants must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam except citizens of Australia, Canada (except Quebec), the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Guyana and English Speaking countries of Africa and the West Indies. You are responsible for making arrangements to take the test.
- UMass Lowell's TOEFL code is 3911
- The TOEFL requirement can be waived if you can demonstrate that you have completed at least two academic semesters of full-time university study in the U.S. Please email Graduate_Admissions@uml.edu to request a waiver.
- Lowell partners with ASC English to support international applicants who meet all admissions criteria but do not yet have the required English language proficiency (minimum 79 TOEFL score, 6.5 IELTS score - some business programs require a 100 TOEFL score and a 7.5 IELTS score). ASC English can prepare international applicants to achieve the required English language proficiency needed to enroll in UMass Lowell’s degree programs.
Accepted international students will receive student visa information from the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO). If you are already in the U.S. on a non-immigrant status, the ISSO can help you determine your eligibility to study in the U.S. For more information, please contact the ISSO by email at: ISSO@uml.edu or call 978-934-2383.