The Project Management Group leverages a proven, phased project management process that helps to ensure that each project achieves its goals and is completed as efficiently as possible.
We Guide Each Project Through an Eight-Stage Process:
- Project requests may be submitted via the online Service Request or through the Annual Call process.
- Scoping of Request
- If approved, a Project Manager will identify project scope, determine project requirements for staffing and materials, assess related regulations and permitting requirements, prepare a preliminary cost estimate and schedule, etc.
- Feasibility Study
- A feasibility study will identify options and recommend the best solution, required budget, schedule and resources.
- Results from the feasibility study and scoping are presented to executive sponsors for approval.
- Architects and engineers develop the project design, construction cost estimate and project schedule. Contracts are awarded through a public bid process.
- Physical improvements are implemented during this phase. This may include construction, furnishings, equipment, and moves.
- This phase involves the completion of open items, including any necessary training, and administrative closeout.
- Warranty Period
- During warranty, the contractor will make repairs required under normal use.