Transatlantic literature; autobiographical narrative & minority identity; gender in literature; digital culture
- MA, University of Florida
- Ph D: English, (2007), University of Florida - Gainesville, FL
- BA: English, (1996), Warren Wilson College - Asheville, NC
Jill Pruett joined UML in January of 2013 to help establish the English Department’s online BA program, in which she regularly teaches courses related to modern and contemporary American literature and its intersections with humor, gender, and digital literacy. Dr. Pruett’s teaching interests include English Studies in a Digital Environment, Reading and Writing New Media, Gay and Lesbian Literature, American Autobiography, American Women Novelists, and Comedy.
Awards and Honors
- UAB Faculty Development (2012) - University of Alabama at Birmingham
- UAB Mervyn H. Sterne Library (2012) - University of Alabama at Birmingham