Solar Energy, Assistive Technologies, Robotics, Manufacturing Theory
Robotics, Control, Manufacturing
The development of simple, robust and efficient sorting algorithm in the field of group technology and cellular manufacturing for application in factory settings
- Other: (D.I.C), (1965), Imperial College, University of London - London, United Kingdom
- Ph D, (1965), Imperial College, University of London - London
- BS: Engineering, (1962), University of London - London
Selected Awards and Honors
- Plymouth Major Award
- National Research council award (2000)
- University Scholar (1985)
- Keynote speaker (1985) - Combustion Engineering, Alexandria, VA
- Parkin, R.E. (2015). A note on the extinction coefficient and absorptivity of glass. Solar Energy, 114 196-197.
- Parkin, R.E. (2010). Solar angles revisited using a general vector approach. Solar Energy, 84(6) 912-916.
- Li, M., Parkin, R.E. (2002). Expansion of group technology to handle logical operations. International Journal of Production Research, 40(16) 4169-4194.
- Li, M.L., Parkin, R.E. (1997). Group technology revisited: A simple and robust algorithm with enhanced capability. International Journal of Production Research, 35(7) 1969-1992.
- Parkin, R.E., Li, M.L. (1997). The multi-dimensional aspects of a group technology algorithm. International Journal of Production Research, 35(8) 2345-2358.
- Parkin, R.E. (1991). Robotic capability determined from planes of motion. Journal of Robotic Systems, 8(5) 579-598.
- Parkin, R.E. (1986). GEOMETRY OF THE ROBOTIC WORKPLACE AND THE HOMOGENEOUS REPRESENTATION. Robotics engineering, 8(1) 16-22.
- Parkin, R.E., Hutchinson, W.K. (1985). COMPLIANT MECHANICAL GRIPPER. Robotics age, 7(5) 11-13.
- Parkin, R.E. (1985). INVERSE ROBOT KINEMATICS DERIVED FROM PLANES OF MOVEMENT. Robotics age, 7(8) 20-25.